What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, high level, general purpose language (An interpreted language is a type of programming language for which most of its implementations execute instructions directly and freely, without previously compiling a program into machine-language instructions).
Python was created by Guido van Rossum and first released in 1991, Python has a design philosophy that emphasizes code readability, notably using significant whitespace. The syntax in Python helps the programmers to do coding in fewer steps as compared to Java or C++.
Advantages of Python:
- It is really easy to learn. As mentioned above, code written in python is easily readable. Also, you can execute a lot of complex functionalities with ease, thanks to the standard library.
- It supports multiple Systems and Platforms
- Language has extensive support libraries and clean object-oriented designs that increase two to ten fold of programmer’s productivity while using the languages like Java, VB, Perl, C, C++, and C#.
- With Python, you can make big complex applications with very less code.
- Python Offers a built-in testing framework to set debugging time and enable fastest workflows.
- The Python Package Index (PyPI) contains numerous third-party modules that make Python capable of interacting with most of the other languages and platforms.
- Python language is developed under an OSI-approved open source license, which makes it free to use and distribute, including for commercial purposes.
Disadvantages of Python :
- Python is slow, as it executes with the help of an interpreter instead of the compiler, which causes it to slow down because compilation and execution help it to work normally.
- Not a good language for mobile development.
- Not a good choice for memory intensive tasks.
- Can’t be used for making high-end 3d graphics games.
- Python has limitations with database access. As compared to the popular technologies like JDBC and ODBC, the Python’s database access layer is found to be bit underdeveloped and primitive
- It is not good for multi-processor/multi-core work
Advantages and Disadvantages of Python over other languages
You may Also Like
By Richard / June 5, 2022
How to Create a full screen video background using HTML, CSS
By Richard / May 22, 2022
Learn How to Create a full screen video background using HTML, CSS Adding HTML <div class="videobg"> <video src="https://adaptabiz.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/Pexels-Videos-1234162.mp4" loop muted...Read More
How to Create an Off-Canvas Menu / Side Bar Navigation
By Richard / April 29, 2022
By Richard / April 19, 2022
By Richard / April 2, 2022
By Richard / February 19, 2022
How to Convert Color image to Black & White using CSS Filter ( Color to Grayscale)
By Richard / February 15, 2022
Many a times, there is necessity of converting Color image into Black and White or Grayscale. Here in this very...Read More
By Richard / February 4, 2022
There are many a times, when you’re going to need a countdown clock for your project. You may have an...Read More
How to Create an Avatar image with CSS
By Richard / January 20, 2022
How to Create an Avatar image with CSS Step 1) Add HTML: <h2>How to create Avatar Images with CSS</h2> <img...Read More
How to Change Background Images on Scroll with CSS.
By Richard / January 13, 2022
How to Change Background Images on Scroll with CSS. Step 1) Add HTML: <div class="bg-image img1"></div> <div class="bg-image img2"></div>...Read More