What is Python?
Python is an interpreted, high-level, general-purpose programming language. It was created by Guido van Rossum, and released in 1991. Many Popular sites like Instagram, Reddit and Mozilla have been built on it.
What can Python do?
- Python can be used on a server to create web applications.
- Python can be used alongside software to create workflows.
- Python can connect to database systems. It can also read and modify files.
- Python can be used to handle big data and perform complex mathematics.
- Python can be used for rapid prototyping, or for production-ready software development.
- Python works on different platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux, Raspberry Pi, etc).
- Python has a simple syntax similar to the English language.
- Python has a syntax that allows developers to write programs with fewer lines than some other programming languages.
- Python runs on an interpreter system, meaning that code can be executed as soon as it is written. This means that prototyping can be very quick.
- Python can be treated in a procedural way, an object-orientated way or a functional way.
Why You Should Learn Python?
Python is one of the most loved programming languages by developers, data scientists, software engineers, and even hackers because of its versatility, flexibility, and object-oriented features. Many of the web and mobile applications we enjoy today is because of Python’s abundant libraries, various frameworks, vast collections of modules, and file extensions. Not only that, but Python is also great for building micro-project to macro enterprise web services as well as on supporting other types of programming languages.
According to TechRepublic, Python developer is one of the “10 Most In-Demand Tech Jobs of 2019”. This is due to the rise of AI and Machine Learning technologies in the global market. As of February 23, 2019, the average salary for a Python developer is $123,201 per year in the United States, making it one of the most popular and lucrative careers today.
Indeed, there are many reasons why you should learn Python. And to understand deeper its scope and benefits, here are the Top 7 uses of Python.
Python can be used on the following:
1. Multiple Programming Paradigms
2. Web Testing
3. Data Extraction
4. Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Data Science Researches
5. Web Application and Internet Development
6. Database Easy Access, Interface Customization, and Quick System Integration
Here are the Top 5 Resources, from where you can learn Python for free
Top 5 Websites to Learn Python Online for FREE:
5. Real Python
5 Best Free Machine Learning Courses To Learn Online:
1. Google Machine Learning Specialization
2. Machine Learning Course by Andrew Ng
3. Learn with Google AI
4. Machine Learning Course By Columbia University
5. Machine Learning with Python by IBM